Is your business prepared?
Put yourself in the position of the owner or manager of a business caught up in an evacuation and subsequent explosion. Would your business survive?
Ask yourself these questions…
- Do you have a business continuity plan and have you tested it?
- Is your information safe, secure and subject to regular back-up?
- How long would it take to recover your IT systems?
- Could your business continue to operate from a different location if necessary?
- Is all your electrical equipment tested regularly?
- Are all aspects of the business insured?
- Do your key suppliers have a business continuity plan?
- Do you have alternative suppliers?
- Would your customers stay loyal if you couldn’t meet important deadlines?
- Do staff know what to do in an emergency?
- Are all staff aware of your key priorities during a business disruption?
- Are staff trained in and aware of fire/bomb evacuation procedures?
- How long can the business continue without key staff?
- Have you promoted your business continuity plans to increase customer confidence in your business’s ability to cope during any disruption?
There are many forms of disruption your business could be faced to deal with and being prepared makes your business more likely to survive.
What if your premises were affected by a flood? What is a major supplier went out of business? What if you were evacated from your premises? What if half your staff were off work due to a flu pandemic?
Follow our advice for writing your business continuity plan, don’t leave it till it’s too late!