Working together for a resilient Birmingham.

Reporting Issues with your Utility Services (Water, Waste Water, Gas and Electricity)

Water and Waste Water Services

In Birmingham piped, clean water supply is provided by Severn Trent Water and South Staffs Water (in parts of Sutton Coldfield only).

Dirty water and sewage is the responsibility of Severn Trent Water in Birmingham.

To contact Severn Trent Water in emergencies contact: 0800 783 4444

To contact South Staffs Water for problems with your water & water mains leak call 0800 389 10 11.

For further information on Severn Trent Water click here or for South Staffs Water click here.



For reporting gas emergencies (e.g. strong smell of gas) this can be done through the National Gas Emergency Service number: 0800 111 999.

Further information is available on the National Grid website .



Western Power Distribution as a Electricity Distribution Network Operator which is responsible for operating the electricity network of overhead lines, underground cables, poles, pylons and substations.

If you have an a power cut you should call their 24/7 Operations Centre on 0800 328 1111 (if calling from a landline) or 0330 123 5008 (if calling from a mobile).

In the event of a loss of supply, you can access their website to check the electricity supply in your area. Alternatively, updates and information on power cuts can be found on their Twitter page by following @wpduk.

For further information on Western Power Distribution and their role and services please visit their website by clicking here.





Comment on this Article